Mahant Bachittar Singh College of Engineering & Technology has been established by Sant Manjit Singh Trust registered under the aegis of Dera Sant Pura Nangali Sahib Poonch, J&K State, India. The Dera has its own historical contribution in the development of Sikh minority in the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
Three great disciples of tenth Master, Guru Gobind Singh Ji, namely Sant Bhai Pheru Singh Ji, Sant Bhai Punjab Singh Ji and Sant Bhai Rocha Singh Ji who had been baptized at the pious hands of the 10th Guru, were ordained by him to make the hilly State of Jammu & Kashmir as their area of service to humanity in accordance with tenets of Sikhism. These three great souls travelled, one after another, through nook and corner of the hill state, reaching the farthest villages and preaching the message of Guru Nanak Dev Ji – Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the message of love, universal brotherhood, oneness of God and service of humanity. By great efforts of these three great Saints a very large number of people from Jammu & Kashmir got attracted towards teachings of Sikh Gurus and adopted Sikh way of life. So, the fourth missionary in succession, Sant Bhai Mela Singh Ji, felt the need of establishing a centre of activity wherefrom the preaching would be carried out throughout the year, day and night, and where people could assemble on special occasions to deliberate on matters of common interest. He established this centre, calling it a DERA (Abode) at village Nangali on a stream Drungly, 5 km off Poonch Town in the year 1803 AD. Right from its inception the place automatically acquired a reverence and came to be known as SHIROMANI SANT PURA DERA NANGALI SAHIB. This Dera has been visited by Maharaja Ranjit Singh in 1814. Maharaja Gulab Singh and almost all of his successors, held thAdm blocke Dera in high esteem. Many Indian and foreign dignitaries and